Light Duty – Autos, Heavy Duty, Performance Vehicles
Four Seasons, Temperature Control Division of Standard Motor Products, has a Buyer position open at our Lewisville, Texas location.
As a key and highly visible member of our Purchasing Department, you will negotiate and coordinate all activities related to procurement, international and domestic, of selected commodities for OE/OES and aftermarket business segments with intent to purchase through delivery while maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support business needs.
* Analyze the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, lead-times, and date commodity is needed.
* Issue and monitor existing purchase orders for delivery to meet business needs.
* Effectively communicate with domestic and international suppliers.
* Effectively communicate with customer service for specific OE and OES customer requirements.
* Coordinate appropriate method to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
* Effectively coordinate with our Product Development Department to select suppliers based on quality, cost, lead-time and service.
* Participate in negotiations with suppliers.
* Research and implement opportunities to reduce cost of products and/or services.
* Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for processing discrepant items/materials for proper disposition. Issue replacement purchase orders as required on returned items and materials.
* Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree and two or more year’s related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high volume international setting. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and problem solving skills are also essential. Candidate must be proficient in MS Excel. Knowledge of JDEdwards ERP system or other ERP systems including MRP preferred.
Please See Job Description
Internal Number: 388/232
About Standard Motor Products
Established in 1919 and traded on the NYSE, Standard Motor Products, Inc., (SMP®) is a leading independent manufacturer, distributor and marketer of replacement parts for motor vehicles in the automotive aftermarket industry, with an increasing focus on the original equipment and original equipment service markets.Organized into two major operating segments, SMP® supplies independent professional automotive technicians and do-it-yourselfers with high-quality replacement parts for engine management and temperature control products for domestic and import vehicles.We distribute through traditional and non-traditional channels under our own brand names, such as Standard®, BWD®, TechSmart®, Intermotor®, Hayden®, ACI®, Four Seasons®, and through private labels.