Headquartered in Austin, Texas, COBB is an enthusiast-driven automotive company dedicated to providing the world’s best vehicle tuning solutions for performance vehicles. COBB currently supports small displacement, forced induction vehicles in Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, BMW, Porsche, Ford, and Volkswagen platforms.
COBB prides itself in having a creative, professional, employee-focused work environment. Benefits package includes
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
More about the position:
As a Hardware Engineer III (Senior level), you will work with a team of enthusiastic engineers who are passionate about producing high quality products that customers enjoy. You will take full responsibilities on multiple hardware design projects in all aspects of the product development cycle: concept, design, development, implementation, support, and evolution of our products.
Key responsibilities and scope of work include:
- Design and development of electronic hardware functions of new products within multi-discipline teams.
- Generate PCBA layout guidelines and work with outside PCBA layout service providers.
- Perform board bring up and work with firmware/logic engineers to ensure product functionality.
- Work with other engineers (HW and/or SW) to resolve issues as part of development process.
- Develop and test embedded software implementation with little to no guidance from project lead and other engineering staff.
- Read and understand complex bug reports. Track down, resolve, and describe bugs in small features with little or no assistance.
- Work with other team members to increase knowledge and understanding of broader areas of product or component functionality, architecture, standard routines, development framework, and debugging practices
- Assist in development of test rigs for production and QA verification of products.
- Participate in design and development reviews.
- Bring knowledge and experience of a variety of automotive aftermarket concepts, practices, and procedures to plan and accomplish goals.
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to design.
- Perform competitor analysis, apply the market and opportunities knowledge towards design, production, and cost decisions.
- Serve as a technical lead of the Hardware team. Assist with mentoring junior Hardware Engineer members.