We are a successful family owned auto parts remanufacturing company located in Long Beach, CA looking for a Purchasing Assistant. We have established ourselves as the market leader in remanufactured fuel injectors and related products in the automotive aftermarket with 30 years of experience. We take great pride in providing high quality products that are competitively priced.
PLEASE READ JOB DESCRIPTION, REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SALARY BEFORE APPLYING. This position is for a "junior" Purchasing Assistant position which reports to the Purchasing Manager. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 year of purchasing experience.
The Purchasing Assistant sources, purchases and manages raw materials or supplies used during the production of the company’s finished goods products. The ideal candidate is a team player who can manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Monitor and reorder of components and raw materials and supplies for production such as: gasoline and diesel injector components, custom manufactured items, chemicals, cleaners, lubricants, expendables, safety supplies, boxes and labels.
· Issuing purchase orders to vendors for materials.
· Manage raw material inventory. Ensure adequate inventory levels at all times to eliminate any interruption in production.
· Perform routine inventory cycle counts and audits.
· Evaluate usage levels and schedule purchase orders according to production schedules.
· Evaluate and source new vendors.
· Assist the research, development and engineering departments in sourcing new components and vendors.
· Perform regular reviews of product costs to identify potential cost savings with current or new vendors.
· Interface with vendors on product quality issues, mis-shipped items or delivery issues.
· Track incoming orders to ensure timely arrival.
· Receive in items ordered into accounting /ERP system. Match packing slips to invoices and ensure items received are correctly invoiced as ordered and quantities and payment terms are correct. Resolving any issues that may be present.
· Enter invoices into accounting system.
· Assist with customer billing and service calls as needed.
· Contact customers and follow up on customer issues such as shipping discrepancies and mis-shipped items.
· Monitor and communicate fill rates for special accounts.
· Process Advanced Shipping Notices using G-Commerce.
· Schedule freight pick-ups and return logistics for the return of cores from both US and Canadian customers.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Financial Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Decision Making