Light Duty – Autos, Heavy Duty – Autos, Performance Vehicles
Technician - Body Shop, Technician - Mechanical Repair
General Functions: As a member of the Editorial diagnostic & repair information development team. Researches, develops, and edits vehicle diagnostic and repair information for incorporation into Mitchell 1 applications. Mitchell1 is the industry leader in automotive repair information. We strongly recommend automotive technicians and mechanics looking for a career change.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Under supervision of Coordinating Senior Editor, Senior Editor or Team Lead, (A) uses the Mitchell Electronic Publishing System to research and compile diagnostic, repair and other pertinent data and verifies the technical accuracy and the consistency of information within established guidelines, and (B) uses the Review Console to verify data enhancement integrity.
2. Once fully trained, maintains established productivity standards balanced within an acceptable quality level.
3. Will work in a team environment, contributing toward the achievement of organizational objectives communicated by Coordinating Senior Editor or Senior Editor.
4. Prepares and submits project status reports for each assignment as requested.
Maintains professional and cooperative attitude within the Editorial Department and with all support groups.
Must achieve a working knowledge of current automotive and/or commercial vehicle applications.
7. Must strive to increase knowledge related to on-highway vehicles.
Additional Responsibilities: Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma required. Some College preferred. 2. Automotive and/or Truck knowledge helpful. ASE certification a plus. 3. Completion of at least one college level English writing course or equivalent preferred. 4. SGML experience a plus. 5. Must possess ability to prioritize and organize. 6. Proficiency with PC and Standard Microsoft Office Suite. 7. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. 8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Additional Salary Information: Temp to Hire positions
Mitchell 1 provides premium automotive repair software for professional auto care shops. We started almost 100 years ago with technical information about auto repairs, and branched out to offer complete solutions to help you manage your auto repair shop efficiently and profitably. From repair information to shop management software, to marketing services, we’ve got you covered with industry leading packages designed for independent auto repair businesses.